Ice Cube claims his CNN interview was canceled because “They can’t handle the truth” – Music News
Written by admin on October 16, 2020
Rapper Ice Cube has been trending on Twitter all week since being accused of working with President Donald Trump‘s administration. On Thursday, the N.W.A. legend announced that he would no longer be appearing on Chris Cuomo‘s show, Cuomo Prime Time.
“So the POWERS that be cancelled my interview on @CuomoPrimeTime tonight. I’ve actually been ban from @CNN for a few months so I was surprised they even asked,” Cube tweeted. “But it seems like they can’t handle the truth.”
Ice Cube received tons of backlash after Trump’s campaign adviser, Kartina Pierson, thanked the rapper earlier this week on Twitter for allegedly assisting with the administration’s ‘Platinum Plan for Black America’.
Despite his 2018 song “Arrest the President” and his vocal criticism of Trump, Cube explained his involvement, insisting “Black progress is a bipartisan issue.”
“Facts: I put out the CWBA. Both parties contacted me. Dems said we’ll address the CWBA after the election,” Cube tweeted. “Trump[‘s] campaign made some adjustments to their plan after talking to us about the CWBA.”
The CWBA refers to the rapper’s “Contract with Black America” — a 13-point document that he released in July. The contract urges all politicians asking for a vote from Black Americans to support CWBA and “demand an open debate and a clear and fair vote within the first 100 days of the 117th Congress in 2021 on the following proposals to be codified into specific bills.”
The contract is described as “a blueprint to achieve racial economic justice” and also touches on finance, police issues, criminal justice, and education reform. Ice Cube said the CWBA was intended to speak for both parties.
“I will advise anybody on the planet who has the power to help Black Americans close the enormous wealth gap,” he continued in another tweet.
By Rachel George